Looking for something fun to do this Easter Sunday? As far as fun and safe Easter projects go, edible easter play dough is at the top of the list.
You can do this before Easter, during, or after (with your leftover Peeps).
You will need:
- 1 packet of Peeps
- Coconut oil (the Trader Joe’s triple filtered kind has the least coconut taste)
- Corn Starch
- Start by placing the Peeps in a microwavable bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of water to the bowl of Peeps and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Pull the bowl out of the microwave and add a teaspoon of oil to the side of the mixture (place on inside edge of the bowl because this step is just to loosen the Peeps to get them outta the bowl).
- Give it enough of a stir to help it get unstuck from the sides of the bowl.
- Let the melted Peeps cool down to a point where you can handle them comfortably.
- Coat your kitchen surface/large bowl/Pyrex dish with a good amount of corn starch. Lay the Peeps top and sprinkle more corn starch on top of them. You need to be able to work the dough without it getting stuck to your hands every 1-2 seconds.
- Start working that dough!
- Knead the dough until it has reached a desirable consistency. If it gets sticky, add more starch.
- You now have taste-safe Peeps play dough!
Click here to try out our tie dye Easter eggs too!